Friday, November 30, 2012

Wall Art

     It's funny to me how much has changed in the past year. When I first started this crazy stay at home gig, I was very intolerant of things like this and had a fuse so short you'd hear the bang before your foot got down on the first step away. Now, well I wouldn't encourage the kids to be drawing on the walls but I'm not going to flip my lid either.
     I've come to realize that kids are kids and they are going to be kids despite my best efforts. Things like this will happen. Walls will be written on, carpet and furniture will be stained, things will get broken, etc. They are my most prized possessions so as long as they are intact, I don't have much to worry about. I do understand that due to our laid-backness that we will likely find ourselves living with the girls on a pile of demolished rubble by the time they enter the teenage years.
     I took the magic eraser into her room the other day to clean the art off and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Something about it, oddly enough, just made me happy and proud. I think we'll leave it for awhile. Part of me thinks it will be a form of delayed punishment. I imagine that in her teenage years it will be kind of embarrassing for her, almost like we won't have to bother pulling out the baby photos.   

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously great! My sister had drawn a butterfly on her wall when she was younger. She was so proud she ran to my mother, grabbed her hand and dragged her to her room to show it off! It hadn't even occured to her that maybe we shouldn't be drawing on the walls lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it is funny how kids' minds work.
    I don't mind it in their rooms, it is when it gets to the rest of the house that I tend to get upset.

    ReplyDelete