Friday, August 23, 2013

Dogs

     There are a handful of dog, or puppy as the girls always say, stuffed animals in the house right now. They are on loan from GG but I fear the day she takes them back. These guys, which carry names from pets we had in the home I grew up in, have become pretty consistent companions and playmates for the girls. They don't always get called by the names GG gave them, sometimes being referred to as "Hooney" and "Booney" or other times as "Mommy" and "Daddy Puppy." They get roped into all sorts of play or sometimes just get to be a nap buddy. I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "where's my puppy."
     Its crazy, the attachments children can build with things like this. Whether it is a stuffed animal or a blanket or a plastic toy, these girls seem to really connect emotionally to some of their things. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering my childhood blanket and favorite bear are both still under my roof. To add to the attachment part, I'm still a little weary of letting the girls play with the latter unsupervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment