Monday, March 5, 2012

Learning to Crawl



Sailor has a unique approach to crawling. It is sort of a "rest on my face and push with my legs" technique. I encourage her to practice by getting down on the floor with her and putting a block just out of her reach. She can get around like this but as you can see, it is a bit awkward. It seems she is getting closer all the time, popping up on her haunches and acting like she is going to do it and then she just goes back to the face method.

Ru was a little bit of a late crawler and for a long time she only used one knee. I try to let Sailor go at her own rate like we did Ru but it is hard, seeing other kids her age that are not only crawling but crawling well and fast. I know it will come, until then...more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment