Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Thursday

     It's been quite a while since we had any real action around here. I should have known we were overdue.
All was well Thursday morning: the girls were up and eating breakfast, my wife was getting dressed and I was packing her lunch. Ruby wanted oatmeal, which I made and gave to her, and Sailor was working on the first half of a banana.
     It was quiet...too quiet. I went in the next room to check on them and this is what I found.
Yep, that's a bowl of oatmeal spread all over the couch. It was also on the throw pillows and all over Ruby (and some on Sailor too). I yelled so loud that the sonic boom actually knocked the kids off their feet.
     Ruby got a spin in time out and a shower. Sailor got a thorough wipe down and the other half of her banana. My wife feels like it was our fault for not watching them. I told her Ruby, who was the obvious culprit as the oatmeal was places Sailor can't reach, knows better and could not resist the temptation of spreading her bowl of breakfast greatness all over the place and playing in it.
     To be honest, the things the kids have done that were destructive and made trouble for us actually seem like they would be kind of awesome to do. Who hasn't felt like ripping things out of the wall or coloring on the TV? I guess that is the difference between adults and children...they can get away with it and we can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment