Monday, August 27, 2012

The juice is loose...

The documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" inspired us to get on the juicing train. It didn't take long for the train to jump the track. Bed, Bath and Beyond carries the documentary on DVD but not the juicer from the film. We special ordered one through their website. It came damaged...
We ordered another and once it got in, we started juicing. I was immediately unimpressed with the quality of the juicer. It constantly spit chunks back out of the chute getting little bits of this and that all over the counter. Cleanup was a nightmare. I was literally scrubbing bits of fruits and veggies off of the plastic walls and that was just before putting it in the dishwasher. The other big disappointment was the amount of waste that was generated. Each time I used it I was throwing away more pulp that I was getting juice. I just mentally couldn't get past it. Yesterday we took the juicer back.
Our friend who also just started juicing has a VitaMix and loves it so we are saving for one. Really just an untra-powerful blender, there is no waste and cleanup is a breeze. I've seen his machine and tried his juice and I think it will fit our needs and lifestyle much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment