Friday, February 15, 2013

The Band



So Ruby, Sailor and (possibly) Chopper have a band. Ruby will give everyone an instrument and they will play songs that she counts off. Most of her part is the flamboyant rock&rolling and occasionally singing while Sailor keeps time and Chopper...well if nothing else he is there for moral support.

After their last performance, I asked Ruby what the name of the band was. She quickly said "rock&roll." I explained to her that that was the style of music that she played but to be complete, the band needed a really good name. She looked at me, completely deadpan and said "Sophie Makes Fire." She then walked to her room and onto other things.

You can't make this stuff up. It's always good to get some verification that you are raising your kids right. I don't know where the name came from but it sounds to me like the title of a late 70's B-movie you would see Elvira presenting at 3am on local television. I'm thinking something like Carrie but a lot grittier. Anyhow, here's to a successful future for SMF, heaven help us when they get their hands on real instruments.

3 comments:

  1. This is too cute. It's amazes me what comes out of a kids' head. I honestly think that children are 10x smarter than adults because a child is not limited in their imagination like adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Sophie Makes Fire! \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy-I am constantly amazed at all that they seem to comprehend and soak up. At times, it can be a little intimidating and scary.

    Nick-Damn right!

    ReplyDelete